Simplify3D V 5.0

• You must be Registered to Download STL Files

Runek

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 27, 2021
Does anyone have any updates on S3D version 5?
Its great software, but I would like to see it update with the times

bisonium

May 21, 2021
Dear Runek, I really like the S3D slicer, but still think it is quite a bit behind the cheaper/free competitors out there, especially when it comes to functionality and simplicity (!). So, wainting for the S3D v5 with high hopes, I have been in touch with them once a year since early 2019 and asked about when the "big release" is coming. Every time they claim to be "very close to deploy the version 5, only having have some testing in progress, telling me to just have a little more patience" . So, to be honest, after receiving exactly the same answer every year, I would not have too much hope in getting the S3D v5 during 2021 either ... Let's just hope Im wrong on this. :)

/Bisonium

Reactions: Runek

Runek

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 27, 2021
Dear Runek, I really like the S3D slicer, but still think it is quite a bit behind the cheaper/free competitors out there, especially when it comes to functionality and simplicity (!). So, wainting for the S3D v5 with high hopes, I have been in touch with them once a year since early 2019 and asked about when the "big release" is coming. Every time they claim to be "very close to deploy the version 5, only having have some testing in progress, telling me to just have a little more patience" . So, to be honest, after receiving exactly the same answer every year, I would not have too much hope in getting the S3D v5 during 2021 either ... Let's just hope Im wrong on this. :)

/Bisonium
Sounds like S3D might be finished as a product.
Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: bisonium

jjArk

May 17, 2021

/Bisonium
I dont use CURA and preferring SF3D, so waiting for newest release.
Fact is they either lie or lazy and until they bring out some facts, my first 2 conclusions remain what I believe
I dont think software like this has any excuse to be late for updates.